Friday, March 29, 2013

Today's Excursion

I wasn't quite sure what to do today - it was pretty much open, and as far as "schedules" go ... I don't have one. Last year when I was training for the big runs, I religiously stuck to training schedules and then when the big runs were finished I actually went backwards really quickly. It was nice to have everything planned for you, but after months of routine, it was actually quite nice to do "whatever" - as they say. I guess right now, I am stuck between the two places - schedule purgatory.

After yesterday's sloshing on the gravel roads, I had sort of written off that idea. Thankfully the weather was so nice that it didn't really matter. The gym is closed today, so at one point I considered walking there, reading the sign, then pretending to be disappointed and walk home with my head down. I also considered the basement stuff - exercise ball, free weights, treadmill, spin bike or Netflix. Knowing that I'll chip away at Netflix later, I decided that I had better avoid the basement for a while. An outdoor run.

I started out with a bit of slushy gravel (picture included) then did a combination of dry pavement and icy/snowy stuff. It turned into a slow 8k, but it is finally starting to feel like winter is leaving. I probably shouldn't have said that.





No comments:

Post a Comment